Friday, January 5, 2007

A Preface

As I rode the orange line into D.C. proper, I was thinking about the best way to stay in touch with all my compatriots in Columbia. Yes, e-mail is practical, but to me it's a cumbersome process. Honestly, it's the equivalent of writing a letter to a dear friend, and that is something that I don't think can be done in haste. Instant messaging would suffice; yet it can be hard to go into too much detail. I decided a blog would be the best remedy. Why? Well, it allows me to explain what's going on in my life as it happens and fits into peoples' schedules better. I can write when I have time, and you all can read (and comment) at your leisure.

What material will be included in my posts is hard to define with any precision. I'm going to air on the side of caution, considering I'm working for a newspaper's bureau office. In general, it will probably be a rundown of the day's events and how I'm handling the living situation here. Other than that, I can't really speculate all that much.

Anywho, that's all I have for now.